NEW YORK RED BULLS vs SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES
RED BULL ARENA, Harrison, N.J.
April 17, 2015 (WEEK 7, MLS Game #57)
7 p.m. ET (UniMas)
- The Red Bulls remained undefeated on the season in dramatic fashion, Lloyd Sam pouncing on a rebound to score the 90th-minute equalizer for a 2-2 draw at D.C. United on Saturday evening. The Red Bulls and Real Salt Lake are the only MLS teams without a loss this season.
- The goal was Sam’s third in four games this season, tied for second place in the MLS Golden Boot standings.
- The Quakes snapped their two-game losing skid with a second win in their new Avaya Stadium home, Sanna Nyassi scoring to give them a 1-0 victory against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Saturday evening.
- The Earthquakes have not lost to the Red Bulls since the 2011 season, a 3-0 victory on April 16 at Red Bull Arena. The Quakes have won one of the four meetings since, a 2-1 win in 2013 at Buck Shaw Stadium; the other three matches have ended in draws.
- The Quakes have not won at New York since 2005. The last two meetings in New Jersey have ended in draws; the Red Bulls won the previous four home encounters after San Jose’s return to MLS. New York last won at San Jose in 2003, a 2-0 MetroStars victory at Spartan Stadium.