MLS Cup 2016 on Saturday, December 10 (8 pm ET) will be broadcast on national primetime TV in both the USA and Canada as well as to more than 170 countries and territories worldwide.
MLS Cup will air on FOX for the first time ever. Itâ€™s also the first time since 2008 that an MLS Cup final will air on English-language US network television.
- Preview show on FS1: FS1 will showcase a special 1-hour preview show on Friday, Dec. 9 at 10 pm ET. Rob Stone will host from BMO Field alongside analysts Alexi Lalas, Eric Wynalda, Stu Holden, Sigi Schmid and Sports Illustrated’s Grant Wahl.
- Pregame show on FOX: Pregame coverage on Dec. 10 begins at 7:30 pm ET on FOX, featuring an exclusive interview with new USMNT coach Bruce Arena. Rachel Bonnetta will host a special edition of “FOX Soccer Live” on FOXâ€™s Facebook page at 7 pm ET.
- MLS Cup coverage: The team of John Strong (play-by-play), Brad Friedel (analysis) and Julie Stewart-Binks (sideline reports) will call all the action of MLS Cup 2016.
- Streaming: Fans in the USA can also watch the match via the FOX Sports GO app or FOXSoccer2Go.com.
- Virtual reality: FOX Sports will be presenting full Virtual Reality coverage of the match from multiple angles through the FOX Sports VR app, marking the first time the MLS Cup title match has been offered in virtual reality. The presentation includes a “magic window” experience for iOS and Android, as well as fully immersive VR on both cardboard and Samsung Gear VR.
UniMÃs and Univision Deportes Network
UniMÃ¡s and Univision Deportes Network will broadcast the 2016 MLS Cup in Spanish in the United States.
- Preview show on UDN (Friday): Univision Deportes Network (UDN) will host a special 1-hour “Somos MLS” preview show on Friday, Dec. 9.
- Pregame show: A 1-hour pregame show “La Barra MLS” begins at 7 pm ET on UniMÃ¡s and UDN.
- MLS Cup coverage: Game coverage kicks off at 8 pm ET and will feature play-by-play commentary and analysis from the networkâ€™s team of MLS broadcasters, including RaÃºl GuzmÃ¡n, Marcelo Balboa, RamsÃ©s Sandoval and former Seattle Sounders FC player Gonzalo Pineda.
- Streaming: Fans can watch the match broadcast via the Univision Deportes app or UnivisionDeportes.com.
TSN will broadcast the 2016 MLS Cup in English in Canada.
- Pregame show: TSN will air an expanded 60-minute pregame show on matchday kicks off at 7 pm ET featuring host Andi Petrillo alongside soccer analysts Kristian Jack, ex-MLS goalkeeper Greg Sutton and special guest Carl Robinson, head coach of the Vancouver Whitecaps.
- MLS Cup coverage: Luke Wileman is on play-by-play duties, joined in the booth by analyst Steven Caldwell, who was a former Toronto FC captain. Kristian Jack and Vic Rauter will provide sideline reports. James Duthie will host and interviews with MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Canada Soccer Association and CONCACAF president Victor Montagliani.
- Streaming: Fans in Canada can watch the match live or on demand via TSN.ca or the TSN GO app.
RDS will broadcast the 2016 MLS Cup in French in Canada.
- MLS Cup coverage: RDS will provide French-language coverage beginning at 8 pm ET on Dec. 10 with host Olivier Brett joined by commentator Patrick Leduc. Play-by-play of the match will be handled by Claudine Douville alongside analyst Jean Gounelle and sideline reporter Patrick Friolet.
- Streaming: Fans can also watch the match in French on the RDS GO app.
SiriusXM will broadcast the match in English in the United States and TSN Radio will broadcast in the match in English in Canada.
- SiriusXM FC Channel 85 Preview Show (Friday): will host a special LIVE four-hour preview from 5 pm ET to 9 pm ET on Friday, Dec. 9.
- SiriusXM FC Channel 85 match coverage: SiriusXM FC will start broadcasting 2016 MLS Cup to a US audience from BMO Field (and on the SiriusXM app) at 7 pm ET starting with a pregame show. Postgame coverage will run to 11 pm ET.
- TSN 1050 Toronto and TSN 1200 Ottawa will deliver live radio coverage of MLS Cup in Canada via AM 1050 in Toronto and AM 1200 in Ottawa with Gareth Wheeler delivering the call which can also be heard online at TSN.ca/Radio or TSN GO or iHeartRadio apps.